Sunday, March 12, 2006

Week 10 - Starts so well but ends so badly...

An up and down week.

I managed to get only two runs in this week. The first was a good five miler round Clapham. It was a route I had done before and which was fine. I had a bit of a mare as I had to run during Man U's game so I missed most of it but managed to catch the end of it and didn't have the guilt of missing a run.

A colleague, Jeremy Rogers, whom I initially thanked for a generous sponsorship, embarrassed me by sending this blog round to his distribution list. I haven't been that embarrassed maybe ever... hopefully some of the punters who saw that I have this actually sponsor me now (in fact, if they're reading this and keeping up and still not sponsoring me, they should do it now!).

Wednesday night I managed to run all the way home - another first! I make it just under 8 miles. Ran with Crooky and Regina for the first part of it, on the south side of the Thames and then broke away about half-way through to split down to Clapham. Was fairly knackered by the end of it and the weather was pretty crap but was delighted to make it home in one piece! Managed to see Liverpool get knocked out of Europe too - capped a great old evening.

So while the week started so well, it ended pretty badly. I was walking home after work on Friday and felt a really sharp pain in my foot. Really weird but I couldn't put any pressure on it at all for a while. The pain then came & went. I put Deep Heat on it and hoped it would be ok for my scheduled long run on Saturday but unfortunately I woke up on Saturday morning with it feeling even worse. I had a great weekend with the lads doing a flying lesson in Warwickshire but, as I type on Sunday night, the pain remains intense, although it comes and goes. Hopefully the doctor/physio this week will be able to work some magic and get me running again.... Here's to a good Week 11....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home