Monday, March 20, 2006

Week 11 - Better news this week...

My foot was pretty sore again and I went to the Doctor near work, who recommended an x-ray in case there was a broken boken in my left foot.

I got the x-ray done and the great news was that all the bones were in tact! Woo hoo.. not a broken metarsal in sight. It was still quite sore but I was told to rest it and go to see a Physio. I travelled to Paris with work but got to the Physio on the Thursday. She thought that the capsule at the bottom of the ankle was damaged and some wear & tear on the tendon so the prognosis was to rest it but to slowly get back into the running routine, given I was training for the Marathon. The foot was getting a bit better and so it was very relieving news.

I went to Madrid for a long weekend with Rory & Daryl. Had a great time and Daryl and I decided on the Sunday morning, to clear our hangovers, we would go for a relatively easy run. It wasn't so easy in the end! We set off from Sol and went round the Palacio Real and Jardines de Sabitini a couple of times and struggled our way uphill all the way back! We reckoned it was about 4.5 or 5 miles and, although I was knackered at the end, it was a very enjoyable run. My foot feels a bit sore and occassionally twinges but it certainly feels a lot better. I am desperate to run quite a bit now and catch up for my two missed long runs but I know I need to be patient and work my way back into the routine and what the Book advises.

So the plan for next week is to get back into the habit of running and hopefully I will be on track to do my first Long Run in three weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home