Monday, April 10, 2006

Week 14 - It's getting closer - just praying for all the niggles to clear up...

Another tough week. I must say the start of this whole 'Adventure' has been a whole lot easier than the more recent weeks. I seem to be cursed to pick up injuries and I am just praying that they all clear up in time for the Marathon.

The Achilles heel continues to be a big problem. I had Physio a couple of times this week and the swelling is still pretty severe although it has started to come down. I am still advised against running as the thud-thud impact will do more harm than good. Uh oh!

The first few weeks was spent just icing it and resting it. Trying to eat somewhat healthily and have stayed off the booze for quite a while now. Neither are easy though, that's for sure! The physio gave me a number of stretches to do on it and did a bit of ultra-sound on it too. Helped but my impatience wanted to see more immediate results. Time is the one thing I am expected to give it and is the one thing I don't have. It should be time to somewhat start tapering my runs so I guess it's not the worst result in the world. However, having missed out on a good bit of training a few weeks' back, I feel I could have done with one more 'big' run. Hopefully the long runs I have done will hold me in good stead and their will be enough adrenalin on the day to take me round. The weeks have now become a matter of days, Sunday the 23rd of April 2006 is looming large.

Later in the week, I did manage a couple of small sessions in the gym on the cross-trainer and the stepper. They were only 20 mins and 40 mins in two sessions, but I need to keep up the cardio. Hopefully I will get to run a couple of times in Week 15.

Next entry will be in T minus one week to the Flora London Marathon. Typing that has made me even more nervous.. but excited too. I need some speedy healing cures!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home